LAUREN WEBER, FOUNDER, ISLA-GRACE
Lauren earned a Bachelor of Education at McMaster University and Queensland University of Technology. Four years of teaching Junior Kindergarten through Grade 4 inspired a passion for education and play-based learning.
After giving birth to her first daughter, Grace, Lauren learned the many challenges of navigating motherhood. These included the multitude of books, information, and people with strong opinions on the right way to be a mother. She quickly learned that the best parent to her child was herself and that in trusting her instincts, she would never go wrong.
With this belief, and after certification with the International Maternity and Parenting Institute’s Maternity and Child Sleep Consulting Program, and Mohawk College’s Breastfeeding Program, Lauren launched Isla-Grace. She provides information and support to women at different stages of motherhood, and walks each one through the personal journey to become a more confident mother.
At Isla-Grace, we support families using the Baby-Led Sleep Approach™.
We created the Baby-Led Sleep™ approach to place an emphasis on a mother’s instinct and a baby’s cues. Our mission is to help parents find sleep solutions through responsive parenting practices while building connected relationships. We are passionate about helping families improve sleep without resorting to sleep training, we have developed a program that:
- respects and nurtures the attachment system;
- supports the natural progression of development;
- gives parents an understanding of what “normal” baby sleep looks like;
- appreciates your baby’s still-developing brain and dominant survival instinct;
- encourages parents to believe and to follow their own instincts; and
- empowers a mother to make changes to improve the quality of her baby’s sleep.
YOUR BABY'S SLEEP IS NORMAL AND YOU ARE AN AMAZING PARENT
Sign-up for our mailing list and receive a FREE COPY OF YOUR BABY'S SLEEP IS NORMAL AND YOU ARE AN AMAZING PARENT e-book!
We respect your privacy.
RESEARCH ON BRAIN DEVELOPMENT VALIDATES THAT A MOTHER’S INSTINCTS ABOUT HER BABY ARE BEST, AND THIS VITAL FACT IS THE FOUNDATION OF OUR APPROACH.
OUR APPROACH WILL HELP YOU TO:
- understand realistic, age-appropriate expectations about sleep;
- learn about yourself as a parent and your impact on your baby’s sleep;
- be a responsive parent by listening to your child’s cues and dealing with your child respectfully while supporting any distress, in an effort to build and nurture trust;
- create a safe sleep space;
- appreciate the emotional work required to support sleep, understand what causes sleep interruptions, and how sleep actually works; and
- use the tools that encourage better sleep for your baby, as well as help you gain control over the conditions that affect good sleep, such as your own behavior, nutrition, environmental factors, routines, time, and “village” of support.